Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Integrity

Since last Friday I've had this expression, this dictate really, bouncing around in the back of my mind. Maybe it's just something that the Universe is guiding me to do-- something I need to hear right now. But it seems so familiar... like I've heard it somewhere before. I tried to Google the exact expression but no results were found. I tend to trust Google implicitly so that makes me think that perhaps I didn't read it anywhere. So maybe I heard it from a teacher or a friend at some point. Anyway, here it is. Let me know, please, if you can identify an attribution:
Use your power in the direction of love.
It does remind me of one of my favourite Audrey Lorde quotes, but it isn't quite the same:
When I dare to be powerful - to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid. --Audrey Lorde
For now I'm just going to continue to ponder it, to affirm it, and not to worry about where it came from. It's good advice, regardless...

No comments:

Post a Comment